Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Double Digits

   Hi there friends! Today was a good day. But, man am I ever tired! I managed to do my first run today in the double digits since the Empire State Marathon. The cold of winter has snapped upstate NY back into reality. I think with the wind chill it felt like it was something like 19 degrees today. Nonetheless, the run came off without a hitch. I got some tightness the last three  miles and had to push it. I was pleased to see that I stayed on pace through the whole distance. Wore my brand new neon running vest. You'd think in the middle of the afternoon wearing one of those things would make you more visible to drivers. Unfortunately I really didn't notice too much of a difference. I always like the drivers more who swerve in the other direction rather than towards me. I also got a chance to compare my Fitbit One to the Force. I was a little surprised by the results. The One said that I only traveled a little over six miles. While the Force shortchanged me about half a mile. I'll do some more testing the next few days at work wearing both units. It'll be interesting to see if I've been getting shortchanged all this time. I guess nothing's perfect. The Force recorded my sleep perfectly last night. Not too crazy about the wristband though. I'm wearing it on my watch wrist and it seems to get in the way. The clasping mechanism isn't the strongest either. If I have to roll around with a bad guy at work, it'll pop off easily. I'm not giving up yet. Hope everyone had a great day. Run for your lives and goodnight my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment