Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 14, 2013

What Was I Thinking?

    So, there I was running my mile today in almost sub zero weather mentally chastising myself for not running farther and it hit me. Why was I being so hard on myself? I've had the most phenomenal year. I've set two PR's in the half-marathon and full marathon distances. Even with gaining more weight when compared to last year, contracting extreme bronchitis and fighting off peroneal tendonitis I managed to overcome all of that and still have one hell of an amazing year! 
   I didn't see any other runners out there tonight. So, I was once again reminded of why I started this Project in the first place, because being a runner doesn't mean running short, far or racing. It just means getting out there for a run.
   There will be time for running short, fast, far, slow and racing. In 18 days I will have accomplished everything that I set out to do and then some this year. I'm not training for anything right now. It's time to rejoice in the achievements of the year and give back to my family and friends who put up with my training nonsense. After all, I wouldn't be who I was today if it wasn't for them. Running a mile still means I'm a runner.
   Run for your lives my friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment