Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Find Your Song...

   So, there I was today sitting for eight hours watching a bad guy at the hospital. This particular bad guy had shoplifted, ran from the store, caused a high speed chase resulting in a crash with a another car which, oddly enough had a fireman inside. The fireman had to be cut out of the vehicle and the bad guy broke both legs. Not a very positive member of our society. If I'd taken the time to count how many times he swore today because he was in pain, I'd be in the 300's by the time I left. Frankly he reminded me of Jabba the Hutt. 
   Anyways, there I was looking at his broken legs and I thought to myself, thank God I never broke both of my legs like that doing something that stupid. He wasn't going for a run anytime soon. It made me appreciate my choices, my passion and my health. It also made me realize that while these types of details are easier for some of my fellow co-workers, they really suck for me. I've come to enjoy the three to four miles I put on my legs daily at work. Sitting at Jabba's bedside all day netted me a little over a quarter of a mile. Not my most active day. 
   By the time that I made it to the gym I was practically jumping out of my uniform to get some form of exercise into my day. One things for sure, I'm not cut out to have a desk job! My workout today was great! The less activity gave me a little more strength and energy. But, the one thing that struck me today was how much I love my music. I've said it before. Music can motivate you beyond belief. Mine sure does. So, tonight I'd like to leave you with one of my favorite. I've run more PR's to this song than any other. It's old, it's a classic, it's something that you probably won't find entertaining at all. But, that's not the point here. The point is, whatever your music, classical, pop, hip hop, metal, country, etc. Find it, use it. There is power and motivation there! Five days left of work until a little four day vacation. Can't wait. Hope your week's going good my friends! Run for your lives and find your song...

No comments:

Post a Comment