Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 335...


   Well, here we are. The first day of the last month of the 366 Project. As promised, this is the first installment of one blog post or video podcast every day this month. 
   For the past month I've been working hard at getting myself slowly back into gear to start winter training after the my amazing Fall marathon. Everything's going very well. But, this last week things got really crazy with the holiday and all. Both my wife and I had to work and that meant sacrificing some of my training time this week to get prepared. I also felt a little cheated about not getting Thanksgiving or the day after off. Gotta love public service! But, I did have this weekend off. To sum it up, lots of deliciously bad food, gallons of adult beverage and not much training left me feeling a little fat and lazy. The project continued. But, only with single mile runs. 
   But, the message that I want to give to you today is, that it's ok to take time off and enjoy life sometimes. When you're not actively training for anything it's ok to cut back and hit that big reset button. It's not always about going hard all of the time. In fact, if you do that you'll burn out really quick. You're not going to loose anything during a short break. Your body may even benefit from some brief extended rest time.
   So, my friends put your feet up, have a slice of pumpkin pie, sip a warm glass of cabernet and spend some time with your loved ones who miss you when you're out there on those roads. 
   There's always tomorrow to get back at it. That's exactly what I'll be doing come Monday afternoon! Run and relax for your lives my friends...     

No comments:

Post a Comment